Thursday, January 1, 2015

Banner Blessings CCMC336

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015!!
Hope it will be a great one for you!

What a fun way to start out a new year, with a creative challenge!  Today our Create with Connie and Mary Challenge 336 is a bold Color Challenge to use Real Red, Calypso Coral and Basic Black for our project!  When I made my demonstrator pre-order for the new Occasions Catalog, I also ordered one of the new photopolymer sets I've had my eye on:  Banner Blessings!!  I've combined it with some of the new hot-off-the-press products from the Occasions Catalog!  You're going to love this catalog!!


Silly me, I wasn't sure about the new Bow Builder Punch in the catalog; I thought it might be really small but... it's not!  It is a perfect size and another good thing is that it is a very "mail-able" embellishment for our cards!  It's so easy to use and make these adorable bows!  I"m thinking it is a must have for Valentines, spring, Easter, Mother's Day... yeah, year round!!


Don't you just love these new Designer Papers?  They are from the new Stacked with Love Paper Stack; the patterns are all new and en pointe with current colors and trends!  

I like these stamps with Scriptures and this Banner Blessings set features four different stamps with a banner across the word... so cute!  I colored this one using my Real Red Stampin' Write Marker and the Calypso Coral Blendability Marker then die cut it with one of the Chalk Talk Framelits.


Stamps:  Banner Blessings (photopolymer)
Inks:  Memento Tuxedo Black; Real Red Marker, Calypso Coral Blendability Marker
Paper:  Stacked with Love DSP Stack; Whisper White, Real Red, Calypso Coral
Accessories:  Bow Builder Punch, Chalk Talk Framelits, Big Shot, Personal Paper Trimmer

Here again are the colors for the Create with Connie and Mary Challenge this week:


Be sure to check out the Create with Connie and Mary website for creations of the other very talented Challenge Team members; they are so creative... plus many of their projects will be featuring new stamps and things from the new Occasion catalog!

We would love for you to join us by using this color combo for one of your creations then uploading it to the CCMC website; the guidelines are there on the home page.

For several generations it has been a family tradition to eat black eye peas on New Year's Day .  Legend has it that this is supposed to brings good luck in the new year, lol!  I don't put any stock in that but we do enjoy them with ham and cornbread so it's a fun tradition!!  Enjoy your New Year's Day!  Perhaps you don't have to work today and can grab some time to stamp!

Blessings to you in 2015!

Margaret

8 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love all of the new products you used with your card - which is beautiful! That bow really sets it off! Happy New Year, Margaret. I can't say I have ever had black eyed peas but it sounds like a fun tradition! Hope your year is wonderful.

Lisa Martz said...

This is such a great card! Love how you used all these new products! I was NOT going to get that bow punch...I was resisting...I just might crack after seeing it in that adorable pattern! Happy New Year!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Love it!!!! I love the bow, you are right about it being a must have!!

Deb said...

Super cute card! Love the layout and I love that stamp! I'm thinking that I might just "need" that bow punch, too!

Cindee Wilkinson said...

Great card Margaret! Might have to case you!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the bow and how you used this greeting in the Chalk Talk Framelits! Glad to know they fit it! Great job with the color challenge.

Melissa Davies said...

How could you not want that decorative paper after seeing this card? What a fabulous way to highlight the pattern papers! So dainty and just adorable!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love the clean and fresh feel of your card Margaret. The bow is darling and the sentiment lovely - you guys are lucky to have that set!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...