Friday, June 1, 2007

Palette O'Prints Coaster Book

I actually got to stamp yesterday with some demonstrator friends! It has been awhile; I've been so busy and preoccupied with other matters. This coaster book using the Palette O'Prints that was a special offer in May from Stampin' Up! was one of the projects we did. Thanks to Jann McCollom for bringing this project and leading it! We used four coasters and covered each with one of the color papers in the Palette: Rose Red, So Saffron, Almost Amethyst and Certainly Celery. A Sanding Block was then used on the coaster edges to give it the popular distressed look. On the back of each coaster "page" we added stamping and coloring with sponges, markers, AquaPainters, Blender Pens, etc., each of us in our own style and designs.
I used the Doodle This set from the Spring Mini Catalog on the front cover, colored with AquaPainter and markers, and then highlighted it with a good dose of Dazzling Diamonds in the center and accenting the edges. These papers are beautiful by themselves but I just couldn't resist adding some doodle-y swirls on the edges of the front and throughout the mini book. This set is so much fun to stamp with... I love the whimsical nature of the stamps and projects made with them! A few grosgrain ribbons give a finishing touch to the album!

These little booklets make great mini albums for a special occasion or remembrance. They are also a great size (4"x4") to carry in one's purse to show off pictures of loved ones (such as children, grandchildren or pets?!) : ) I don't have any pictures in mine yet, but hopefully soon!

In the upcoming Stampin' Up! Collection (new term for the catalog), these 12"x12" "Prints" Designer Papers will come in packages of 12 sheets, 2 each of 6 designs and each package will be an individual color. There will be 16 color choices available plus a selection of the new In Colors™! Wow! Lots of cool new Designer Papers!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gayle is one of the demos I stamped with yesterday and she presented me with an early birthday card! I love this card! It is that same wonderful set, Doodle This, done in Tempting Turquoise and Green Galore. Gayle, who always makes the coolest things, used the Signo white gel pen to highlight the swirls on the turquoise side; I love that look, don't you?!! A touch of the green grosgrain ribbon and Dazzling Diamonds in the flower center set the card off just perfectly. Thanks again for the lovely card, Gayle!
I'm working on a big project right now so my postings may be a bit more infrequent. I'm not ignoring you nor forgetting to post; it's just that my time will be limited for awhile.
Thanks for dropping by!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...