Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Nursery Necessities


Seems like lots of people I know are having babies or grandbabies lately! Therefore I am really needing some new baby congratulatory cards to send; I got out my new (to this catalog) set Nursery Necessities and Year After Year set to make a card for a baby boy. I also wanted to use the Bashful Blue paper from my new 6"x6" Paper Pack which is filled with pretty colors not available in the other packs of Designer Paper Prints, like Apricot Appeal, Pretty in Pink, Real Red, and Wild Wasabi. You know, it's worth having a stampin' party just to get this paper pack! I wanted a stripe to go with it and found this cool stripe of Bashful Blue, Almost Artichoke and River Rock in my Le Jardin DP pack.

I kind of went "all over the map" or rather catalog in gathering up things to use for this card, but isn't that fun?!! It's nice also that the products coordinate so that takes out the hassle and frustration of combining things too! The elephant was stamped in Basic Brown and watercolored. The star is stamped on Very Vanilla and punched out with the large Star punch (love it!) The small artichoke star was punched from an additional larger one.

I used Amy Rysavy's layout sketch here and flipped it so that my elephant would be facing the center of the card.

Sets: Year After Year (elephant), Nursery Necessities (star, sentiment)
Cardstock: River Rock, Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla
Designer Papers: Le Jardin (stripe), DP Prints (River Rock, bottom scallop), Prints Pack (argyle, pinstripe blue) {free Level 1 Hostess reward}
Inks: Always Artichoke, Basic Brown, Bashful Blue, River Rock, Going Gray
Accessories: Punches: Scallop Circle, Large Star, Small Star, Tag Corner; AquaPainter, Rich Regals (artichoke) button and brad.

Hope you enjoy! Keep on stampin'!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...