Monday, April 28, 2008

Live Your Dream with Carousel Notes

Here's one of the items I demo-ed at Retreat last weekend using the Carousel Notes. I laid the Pick-a-Petal Classy Brass Template (you can see a little of it in the lower right-hand corner) over the CN then using my Signo White Gel Pen, I colored in the large holes around the scalloped edge. Without moving the template, I then took a Chocolate Chip Marker (the fine tip) and marked the next row of small holes, which gave a fine dotted border all around.

I cut the Afternoon Tea Designer Paper with the Coluzzle to form the design layer. With the matching flower from the Live Your Dream stamp set, I stamped in Chocolate Chip ink just a little "off" from the matching white pattern in the paper, using my Stamp-A-Ma-Jig for placement. The bottom stripe is the opposite side of the top portion of Designer Paper and the small flowers were added in Chocolate Chip. A piece of Chocolate Chip Taffeta Ribbon with a tie finish off the design.

The Carousel Notes come with 6 1/4" square envelopes (seen in the background above), which are great for adding rub-ons or stamping with white Craft or Staz-On! See another project with the envelopes here.

I enjoyed making a number of projects with the Carousel Notes and discovering some fun possibilities. I'll share more with you soon. Right now I must go get ready for my workshop tonight. : )

Thanks for dropping by! Happy Monday!
Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...