Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Snow Swirled Christmas!

My first Christmas card of the season! I'm so glad I ordered this Snow Swirled set while it was on sale at 15% off this month ! (It's still on sale until Sept. 30th from your Stampin' Up! demonstrator). I'm really enjoying it; it's easy to work with. The images could also be embossed in silver or gold for a rich and elegant look.

This is a Make and Take card I designed for a party last night. The tree is stamped in Always Artichoke on vanilla cardstock. I stamped the smallest snowflake in the set onto the tree in red and added the sentiment below in the same red. A simple tie of red taffeta ribbon on top of the tree adds to the festive air.

The snowflake was stamped with VersaMark on red cardstock and embossed with a mixture of white and hologram embossing powder. I used the perfectly matched (!) Snow Blossom Punch to punch it out then applied it with a Dimensional. The hologram ep is retired but Iridescent Ice could be used instead.

The card base is artichoke and stamped with the largest snowflake in VersaMark for a subtle background. The main image is layered on Riding Hood Red. I really like this color combination! The verse that is included in the set is stamped inside to complete the card!

Stamp set: Snow Swirled
Inks: Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, VersaMark
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Snow Blossom Punch, White and Hologram (retired) Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon.

Thanks for dropping by! Come back again soon!
Margaret

1 comment:

Ret said...

This Christmas card is stunning! I really love this. Beautifully done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...