Monday, September 15, 2008

Inspired by Nature TSC #35


It's Monday again so it's time for Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge! I had to miss last week so I'm glad to get to participate again today!

Here's the sketch for this week:

As I looked at this sketch, I was excited that I could use my new Sizzix Scalloped Circles die for my Big Shot for the round design! I chose to use the Sweet Always Designer Paper which I thought would work well with the Inspired by Nature stamp set. The base card is Regal Rose, layered with one of the stripes from the DSP. The additional layer is the chocolate chip dotted paper, layered on Pumpkin Pie. I die cut the scallop circle from Regal Rose cardstock.


I stamped the flower on white then cut out the circle with my Coluzzle, sponging around the edges with Regal Rose then adding faint speckles with my Color Spritzer Tool (p. 193 of catalog). This is a COOL tool for adding specks of color to your projects plus giving some depth also!

For the bottom horizontal element of the design, I used the 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in Pumpkin Pie to make a bow of sorts using a silver flower slide from the Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware.

This was a fun sketch. Join the team by making your own version, putting it on the web and posting a link to it in the comments section of either my blog or Mary Jo's at www.technostamper.com

Stamps: Inspired by Nature
Paper: Sweet Always DSP; Regal Rose, Whisper White, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Earth Elements brads, Ticket Corner Punch, Coluzzle, Stylized Silver Hodgepodge Hardware, 1/4" Pumpkin Pie grosgrain ribbon, Sponge Daubers, Stampin' Sponge.

Tools: Big Shot die cutting machine, Scalloped Circles die, Color Spritzer Tool, Coluzzle.

Thanks for dropping by! Try to stamp a little love for someone today!
Margaret

2 comments:

MJ said...

Ohh, very pretty! I love the ribbon treatment. And the colors are beautiful. Great job, thanks for playing.

Barbara said...

Ohhh! You are right! The circle on your card is just the perfect size....so mine must be as well. You used a favorite color combo of mine: orange, or in this case Pumpkin, and pink, Regal Rose this time. LOVE it paired with the Chocolate!! This is a fabulous card...GREAT job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...