Saturday, March 7, 2009

So Tweet Owlie!

My third card in the series of On Board So Tweet Chipboard creations is "Owlie" the Owl. This chipboard owl is a great size, fits on a card or looks great on the front of a bag or box or on a scrapbook page!

I used that great Good Morning, Sunshine Designer Series Paper for the background and to cover Owlie. See yesterday's post for the method of adhering the Designer Paper to the chipboard and again I used the Craft Ink Spots for coloring his beak, eyes and feet. I added wings by punching one Scallop Circle out of Chocolate Chip, cutting it in half then layering on him like I wanted and trimming off the excess.

For the moon behind him, I used a circle of So Saffron layered on a large scallop circle of Kiwi Kiss, which picks up one of the colors in the DSP. The card base is So Saffron cardstock, layered with Pacific Point and then the Good Morning Sunshine DSP. For the branch, I took a scrap of Chocolate Chip and ran it through the Big Shot with the "Distressed" Texturz Plate and it gave it a great rough look of bark! Gotta' love that Big Shot and Texturz Plates! Cool! I just cut it by hand into the branch. Easy!

Ink: Earth Elements Craft Spots: Summer Sun, Creamy Caramel, Chocolate Chip (#105438, set of 12, pg. 154, $25.95)
Paper: Good Morning Sunshine DSP (#113966, p. 160, $9.95); So Saffron, Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point, Sahara Sand cardstock
Tools: Big Shot (#113439, p. 193, $99.95), Scallop Circle Die (#113468, p. 197, $19.95), Circle Die, Scallop Circle Punch (#109043, p. 184, $15.95) , 1/2" Circle Punch (#104390, p. 184, $5.95), Sizzix Texturz Plates Kit #4 (#114531, p. 203, $9.95 set of 6 textures on 3 plates).
Other: On Board So Tweet chipboard (#113893, p. 182, $14.95, 80+ pcs.)

If you don't already have a demo and wish to order any of these products, just go to my Stampin' Up! website by clicking here and then click on the "shop now" button. If you need any information, just email me from my website. Thanks!

Hope you get some time to be creative this weekend! It's de-stressing and good for your health!

Have fun stampin'! Thanks for visiting and come back soon!

Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great looking project. Reminds me of spring. Going to pass this to my spouse a 'stampin gal"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...