Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Everyone!

Happy day to all my Irish friends! Are you wearing green so you won't get pinched today?! lol! I'm wearing a little shamrock pin a friend made years ago. : )

St. Paddy's Day always comes around before I'm ready... I almost get "heart" fatigue by making so many Valentines and before I know it, it's too late to order any stamps for today. However, with the "luck of the Irish" for us, we can improvise...(stampers/crafters are famous for that!!) My card today features punchies made into a mischevious lil' leprechaun and a four-leaf clover. There are a number of versions of this little guy around and mine is similar but different...with my own little touch. The four-leaf clover is made with the heart stamp (yikes, another heart!) from Polka Dot Punches (FREE Sale-A-Bration set!) and punched out with the Full Heart Punch. The stem was cut from a curved remnant of cutting out a Top Note Die with the Big Shot; I just trimmed it to suit my need here and added some green dots with my Stampin' Write Marker.

Do you see the dots on the background? (You can for sure if you click on the picture to see the larger version). They were made with the Large Dot Texturz Plate and my Big Shot. Love those Texturz Plates!

An oval punch out was used as a template to draw his mouth with the Black Stampin' Write Marker, and just add the little marks at the end. This is so helpful if you want a symmetrical mouth or if your hand shakes and you want a smooth line.

On the inside I used the "L" definition ("lucky") from Define Your Life and "Happy St. Patrick's Day" from a retired set, All Year Cheer III.

Stamps: Polka Dot Punches
Ink: Glorious Green, Black Marker (for mouth)
Paper: Glorious Green, Whisper White, Really Rust, Blush Blossom, Basic Black, Summer Sun card stock
Tools: Punches: Full Heart, Ticket Corner, Scallop Circle, 1 3/8" circle, 1/2" circle, 1/4" and 1/8" circles, Word Window (hat brim), Key Tag (trimmed off for top of hat), Large Oval. Paper Snips, Large Dot Texturz Plate, Big Shot
Accessories: Sponge Dauber, White Jumbo Brad

Have a fun day! Thanks for dropping by! I always appreciate your visits!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...