Sunday, March 1, 2009

TSSC #58 Card Games Jackpot!

I'm really late in posting for Mary Jo's Technostamper Monday Sketch Challenge, but it's been a week.... however, here's my card. Be sure and check out Mary Jo's card and the other players this week at the Technostamper blog.



The Sketch, #58:



Two of the new sets in the Spring/Summer Idea Book and Catalog are Card Games and the coordinating Game Night sets. Along with that same theme we have the fun Jackpot Designer Series Paper with its eye-catching color scheme of Real Red, So Saffron, Basic Black and Whisper White.

I stamped the king card image from Card Games, then made my mask, placed it over the first image and stamped it twice more so it looks like three cards. I cut this out and layered it on Basic Black cardstock and used that ingenious little tool, the Layer Ease, to mark a matching border all around the cards, then cut it out. I was really sorry to see that handy tool retire when it did!

I cut a strip of the Jackpot paper and layered it onto black and adhered to the So Saffron layer which I had run through the Big Shot with a texture plate. It looks really cool in person! (you can see it better if you click on the photo to see the larger version). I tied the black & white gingham ribbon around that, added a knot then layered the cards on with Dimensionals. I decided the two circles could be poker chips so I punched two 1-1/4"circles from the red diamond pattern of the Jackpot paper, punched 1/2" circles out of red cardstock, then punched those circles out with the 1-1/4" circle punch. I adhered the this all together for my poker chips.

I stamped the words from the Game Night set and punched them out with the Word Window Punch and layered it onto a black piece punched with the same WW punch.

Stamps: Game Night, Card Games
Inks: Real Red
Paper: Jackpot DSP; Real Red, Whisper White, So Saffron, Basic Black
Accessories: Big Shot machine, Texturz Plates, Black Gingham Ribbon, 1 1/4", 1/2" Circle Punches, Word Window Punch, Layer Ease (retired).

Hope you enjoy, and you get a little time to stamp and play. Try out some of these sketches too, but most of all, have funstampin'!!

Margaret

1 comment:

MJ said...

Perfect! You really did a great job with this, love the chips on the side! Thanks for playing along.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...