Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Autumn Days Christmas Card

Yes, I know tomorrow is Thanksgiving Day; no, I'm not rushing the season! lol! This card is made using a stamp from the Autumn Days set; this set is even more versatile than you might think at first glance!

Among the nice images in the set is this lovely pine bough and pinecones stamp. It is inked up with Soft Suede and Old Olive markers before stamping on Very Vanilla cardstock. This is then punched out with the 1-1/4" Circle Punch and layered onto a 1-3/8" Circle punch of Old Olive cardstock. Square layers of vanilla, chocolate and olive cardstock form a nice backdrop for the image.

The card base is Old Olive layered with Chocolate Chip. A piece of Very Vanilla cardstock is placed about 2/3rds of the way into the Petals-A-Plenty Embossing Folder and run through the Big Shot, leaving the bottom third plain. On this I stamped the nice-sized "Merry Christmas" from the All Holidays stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink.

A beautiful sash of the 1-1/4" wide Old Olive Grosgrain ribbon encircles the front layers of the card and is finished with a simple tie. The pinecone focal layers were added over the ribbon with Dimensionals.

I saw similar cards somewhere on the web but now I don't remember where. If it was yours, let me know and I'll gladly give you credit! Thanks for the inspiration! I love how this card turned out... plus it's another great use of the Autumn Days set! : )

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Margaret

1 comment:

Claudia Perry said...

Love, love, LOVE this card Margaret! I feel a CASE coming on soon. ..

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...