Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vintage Vogue



Do you like the vintage or the shabby chic look like I do?  The Vintage Vogue set and coordinating Very Vintage wheel were two of the first things that caught my eye in the new Occasions Mini catalog!  You may see it often because I do really like them! 


This card is one of my first with this set.  I was inspired by a similar color combination of Crushed Curry, Melon Mambo, Bermuda Bay (all this year's In Colors) on a scrapbook page, then I added the Old Olive to the mix to complement the other colors. 

I love the distressed look on the images and the swirls on the large letter.  I stamped the large F onto the Very Vanilla cardstock then stamped it again on a scrap, cut it out and layered it over the first one with Stampin' Dimensionals for more emphasis. The cut-out flower centered with a pink Rhinestone Brad accents it nicely.

Another new product used here is the Scallop Trim Border Punch which will be in the 2010-2011 catalog, probably for $15.95 I'm guessing, which is the price for comparable punches.  However, it is currently only  available FREE as a Sale-A-Bration bonus with a product purchase of only $50.!  Wow!  The ladies at the workshop Monday night really liked it; these punches are flying out the door!  Hope you get yours before Sale-A-Bration ends!

Stamps:  Vintage Vogue
Inks:  Crushed Curry, Bermuda Bay, Melon Mambo, Old Olive
Paper:  Crushed Curry, Old Olive, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Clear mount Acrylic Blocks, Fire Round Rhinestones, Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Paper Snips for fine cutting, Snail Adhesive.

This card is also for this week's Blogger's Challenge BC133.  Nothing like squeaking in the last day but this is a great sketch and I really wanted to use it!   Thanks, Lisa, for the useful sketch!  Come back tomorrow for the next Blogger's Challenge posting!  This one will be on time!  lol!  (It's already made!)  :)
Thanks for dropping by today!  Come back tomorrow for the next Blogger's Challenge!

Margaret
 

6 comments:

Rachel Hope said...

FUN! Love you colors and BG!

Ida said...

Cute and Cheery. So glad you posted because it's "better late then never."

Tami Black said...

Way to use all those colors and do it well! If I did this, it would like like an explosion...and they would be sending help! Great job!

Cindy Grantham said...

Such nice Spring colors. I really like it. Cindy

Connie Fossenier said...

Now I have not used my set yet, so you are inspiring me to use mine..I love this card and all the bright colors on white..
connie paxman

Ret said...

this is soooo pretty! the colors are bright & cheery! I don't have this set as yet, but it's on it's way! tfs!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...