Monday, April 4, 2011

Plane & Simple for Brother

I wanted to make a card for my brother's birthday and this is the perfect set.  When we were growing up, he made innumerable model airplanes; after college he was an engineer in the aircraft industry!  I couldn't wait to make this card for him!  I hope he likes it! 
I chose the Elegant Soiree Designer Series Paper for my color scheme.  The patterned paper is one of my favorite from the package and it contains all the colors used in the card:   Baja Breeze, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede and Very Vanilla.


I used Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge for the layout.  The card base of Soft Suede is stamped on the right side with the great border stamp from the set; the DSP strip was applied to the left side.  A layer of Crumb Cake was stamped with the goggles,  texture applied with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder then layered onto Baja Breeze.
 
 








The plane was stamped on Baja Breeze with Soft Suede then layered on Soft Suede cardstock which was sponged with the same color ink, making it look a good bit darker.  The plane layer was sponged also, and two of the corners were treated with the Ticket Corner Punch.  Three 1/4" circle punchouts were layered on the down the right side.

Thanks for dropping by!  Take a minute and say hello?  

Margaret 

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Margaret...this is wonderful and so perfect for your brother. Since you said he's an airplane fan...and this is just an amazing masculine card, he's bound to love it!

MJ said...

I bet he will love it. That is just a fun set. Thanks so much for playing along, this is an awesome masculine card.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...