Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dies + Punches = Birthday Card

I used the same sketch today that I used on yesterday's card for Technostamper Sketch Challenge #169.  I thought the sketch looked "challenging" (lol!) when I first saw it but it grew on me so I used it for another card today and really like the sketch now.  This time it is for a niece's birthday card.
The Melon Mambo and Pretty in Pink color scheme is the same as the previous card; however, this card has additional colors of Old Olive and multicolored Designer Series Paper from the Ice Cream Parlor DSP used for the scallops.  The Tasteful Trim Die was used to cut these perfect scallops in the Big Shot die cutting machine. So cool (and easy!)  My ever-useful and staple birthday set On Your Birthday, provided the birthday greetings both outside and inside the card!
The large Melon Mambo flower was cut with the popular Fun Flowers die that is in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  If you don't have it, remember to order it before April 30th when the Occasions Mini expires!  In the center of the flower is a flowerette cut with a new punch that will be in the Summer Mini Catalog beginning May 1st!  This flower is only one of three punches made with the "triple punch"!  Wow!  Can't wait for you to see it!

The punches used on this card were:  Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border for the top and bottom edges; Ticket Corner Punch,  and of course the new Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer Punch (sneak peek!) from the Summer Mini!

Thannks for dropping by my blog today!  I am so glad you came!  I always appreciate your comments too!
Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...