Thursday, August 1, 2013

Hearts a Flutter CCMC262

We have a new challenge at Create with Connie and Mary this week, and this time it's a Color Challenge:  Bermuda Bay, Smoky Slate and Basic Black!  It IS a challenge; I had to think about it a while before starting my card!



This is what I came up with.  Lots of beautiful balmy Bermuda Bay with accents of Smoky Slate and Basic Black plus my neutral, Whisper White!  All the banner elements were stamped onto Whisper White then cut out with the Hearts a Flutter Framelits.  Then I stamped the Happy Birthday greeting in Basic Black and heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder.



Using Glue Dots, I adhered each banner to Pool Party Baker's Twine then a bow of the twine was attached at each end.



I punched out a variety of small flowers and attached them to the banners; three of them were  centered with a Basic Pearl (each colored with either a Black or a Silver Sharpie marker).  For the fourth banner I used one of the smallest Stampin' Up! Clay flowers for the accent.

Stamps:  Hearts a Flutter, You're Amazing (sentiment)
Ink:  Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay
Accessories:  Basic Pearls, Pool Party Baker's Twine, Clear Embossing Powder, Simply Pressed Clay, Blossoms Simply Pressed Mold.
Tools:  Hearts a Flutter Framelits, BoHo Blossoms Punch, Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Heat Tool. 


Here is the Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge again:  

I wasn't sure about it when I began but ended up liking this combination a lot!

Are YOU up for a challenge?  Then why don't you join us this week and try your hand at making a card with this color scheme?  See the guidelines for the challenge on the CCMC BLOG then link your card on the challenge post.  That's it!  Then look to see what other stampers come up with also-- there's a lot of creativity out there!!

Thank for visiting today!  Hope you get some stamping/creating time soon!  

Take it easy!

Margaret

10 comments:

Deb said...

Love how you used the challenge colors! The banners look awesome with the embellishments! Love it!!

Connie Babbert said...

Love showing this set off with a non-Valentine card! Love the banner...great job with the color challenge!

Rose said...

Love what you've done with the color challenge!

Elizabeth Price said...

I am love, Love, LOVIN' your card! Smiles, Elizabeth

Melissa Davies said...

Love all the little deails in the banner - great combination of stamp sets - a great birthday card for any age!

barb hendrickson said...

Margaret, you are such a creative stamper. I have enjoyed your cards over the years and have been blessed to learn and gain inspiration from you!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I never get tired of this stamp set and you did such a wonderful job with the colors and the set. Love it all!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

This is such a fun card Margaret. I really like all the different patterns you used on the banners!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous card Margaret!! I just love how your banner has so many gorgeous elements. I feel like I need to make a card with a banner now, you've got me inspired!

Lisa Martz said...

Wonderful card! Love the pennants, the embellishments and the stamping. Such a fun card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...