Thursday, August 15, 2013

Label Love and Really Good Greetings!

Today it's a Color Challenge, CCMC 264 at Create with Connie and Mary!  The lovely hues of Blushing Bride, Pistachio Pudding and Smoky Slate comprise our challenge color scheme!


I am so loving these color challenges... they make me try some new and different combinations.  I will confess that I was glad Stampin' Up! came out with a new lighter gray this year but I never anticipated just how much I would love it!!  This Smoky Slate is gorgeous!  I used it for the background; first I lightly stamped it with the fine vine stamp from Creative Elements then used the Polka Dot embossing folder and the Big Shot.


I used the "to/from" label from the Label Love set and inked it with the Smoky Slate marker, omitting the words; this gave me a frame for the butterflies.  The Pistachio butterflies were punched from the new In Colors Designer Papers Stack; the Blushing Bride one was stamped onto Whisper White with the butterfly stamp from Creative Elements then punched out with the Bitty Butterfly punch.


I added small Basic Pearls to the butterflies and colored (with a Sharpie) Pearls to the greeting banner.  See all the sparkle?  I came up with a way to dust my cards with glitter and it doesn't come off!!  First I spritzed with Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz then quickly dusted it with Dazzling Diamonds glitter.  Voila!!  It really holds the glitter on!

Here again is the Create with Connie and Mary color scheme for this week:


Now it's your turn to put that mojo to work and create something with this lovely color combination!  Check out the guidelines at Create with Connie and Mary, upload your project and link it to Create with Connie and Mary website!

Thanks for visiting today!  Be sure to check out the creations of the other Challenge Team members... they are SO talented!!

Margaret

7 comments:

Deb said...

Beautiful! I love all the shimmer and sparkle! Great layout, too!

Lisa Martz said...

Very pretty! Love the shimmer!

Connie Babbert said...

Love how you did the negative space with one butterfly...I bet this is gorgeous in person! Great job with the color challenge this week!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a clever way to use those punches! And I also love the shimmer!

Melissa Davies said...

I like the way you omitted the words - really makes this stamp versatile - a great frame for any image! The vanilla shimmer is so sparkly!! LOVE IT!

Nicole Tugrul said...

GORGEOUS Margaret! The shimmer on the card makes the perfect finishing touch. I just love all the little details, just an amazing card!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Thanks for the tip on the Dazzling Diamonds Margaret. Love the trio of panels you used with the punch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...