Thursday, October 17, 2013

Festive Flurry CCMC273

I love the Festive Flurry "Bundle" in the Holiday Catalog consisting of the gorgeous stamps and matching Framelit dies which cut them out in a snap, and oh-so-easy!  When I saw this sketch for our Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge, I knew immediately what I wanted to do.



The base card is Whisper White but it is totally covered with a Designer Paper print.  The top layer is Coastal Cabana cardstock;  I flipped the sketch and used the snowflake framelit just larger than the one I used for my snowflake, diecutting the snowflake on the right instead of the left side.  


At this point I dry embossed the layer with the Northern Flurry embossing folder then used a Sponge Dauber and my Illuminate ink refill to add some pearly sheen to the embossed areas.  After adhering the Coastal Cabana layer with Dimensionals, I added two strips of the Silver 1/8" Ribbon from the Holiday Catalog across the card.


I diecut Silver Glimmer Paper with the smallest Festive Flurry Framelit as well as a snowflake I stamped with Bermuda Bay and heat embossed with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder.  The top layer is another stamped and heat embossed snowflake center that I cut from a third snowflake, and topped with a Rhinestone.  The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes punched with the Word Window Punch.  A few more Rhinestones scattered around finish the card!

Here's our Create with Connie and Mary Sketch Challenge this week; this is a simple and versatile design that would lend itself to so many occasions!

Be sure  to visit Create with Connie and Mary's website to see the wonderful cards that the other Challenge Team members made using this sketch, then try it yourself!  All the guidelines are on the blog post at Create with Connie and Mary!

I hope the sketch and the Challenge Team's cards will inspire you to make a card with this simple sketch and join us this week!

ALSO its ...
 PREVIEW WEEK AT CREATE WITH CONNIE AND MARY!!  FREE Blog Candy and Tutorials ALL this week!  Plus a discount on the regular price of your subscription to the wonderful CCMC Winter Collection of tutorials and inspiration!  Begin with Sunday, Oct. 13th's post to see all the cards and tutorials.

Be sure and check it out and follow the instructions for signing up for the free give-aways also!!

Happy Stampin'!

Margaret

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Your card is stunning. The embossing folder adds so much.

Deb said...

Love how you did your cut out space! Very clever! Very sparkly! Perfect for the holiday season!! Love it!!!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Love the embossing, shimmer and shine! Beautiful card. Well done!

Lisa Martz said...

The sketch looks just as good in your mirror image. I love all your added touches (embossing, the Illuminate refill, glimmer paper and rhinestones). Very festive!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous! I love that you used the snowflake die cut instead of a circle, brilliant!

Unknown said...

This is beautiful Margaret. I thought of this set as soon as I saw the sketch, but I knew I couldn't trump your card so I didn't try! ;)
Lizy xx

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Loving the cut-out snowflake. How clever!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your sweet comment Margaret! :)
Lizy xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...