Thursday, July 10, 2014

Sunshine Birthday! CCMC311

Today we have a fun sketch over at Create with Connie and Mary, CCMC311; I eagerly gathered up some new catalog products to use for my challenge card this week!


This sun is so bright and sparkly, thanks to the new Gold Glimmer Paper, love it!  I diecut it with a Starburst Framelit (second from the smallest) then added the sentiment from the new Ray of Sunshine set stamped in Tangelo Twist (new In Color) on Hello Honey and punched it out with the 1-3/8" Circle Punch.


The grid paper background is from the Moonlight DSP Paper Stack;  I stamped it with the sunburst stamp in the new Kinda' Eclectic set, used strips of other DSPs from the same pack for the two banners, then layered the sun on top. 


The two petite butterflies are from the Kinda' Eclectic set also; I cut a very narrow piece of the Gold Glimmer Paper and adhered it to the butterflies for the body.   I punched a 1/4" circle to add to the bottom of the sentiment layer.  Pretty simple once I figured out what to do!  I think I know just the person to whom I'm going to send this sparkly greeting!!

Stamps:  Kinda' Eclectic, Ray of Sunshine
Inks:  Tangelo Twist, Hello Honey
Paper:  Moonlight DSP Paper Stack;  Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Whisper White cardstocks.  Gold Glimmer Paper
Accessories:  1/4" and 1-3/8" Circle, Bitty Butterfly Punches; Starburst Framelits, Big Shot, Magnetic Cutting Platform.

Here is the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary for this week:


Now it's your turn to be creative!  Will you take the challenge and make a card with this sketch this week?  I hope so!!  All the guidelines are on the Create with Connie and Mary website, and while you're there, check out all the lovely cards from the other Design Team members too!   They are also so creative!

Thanks for visiting today!  Happy stamping, and don't forget to join us for the challenge!  We'll leave you some comment love on your post too!

Margaret

5 comments:

Deb said...

I love what you did with the sun! Great combination of stamp sets!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I am so anxious to receive this stamp set at convention next week. I've put off purchasing it just because we are getting it for free. Love your card!

Lisa Martz said...

Very bright and cheerful! I love how the wavy yellow paper behind your greeting looks like sun rays...you can almost feel the heat! Great card.

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a happy and shiny birthday card!! I love the sentiment as the sun, what a great idea!

Connie Babbert said...

This is such a FUN card, Margaret! I love how you designed the layers of the sun! Gorgeous! Great job with the sketch this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...