Thursday, July 17, 2014

Happy Blooming Birthday! CCMC312

It's time for another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary!  This week we have a beautiful color combination to create with:  Blackberry Bliss, Hello Honey and Sahara Sand!



For this card I used not one but two flower sets,  Petite Petals for the punched-out flowers and Flower Patch for the sentiment and Sahara Sand flowers in the background.

The card base is Hello Honey (8.5"x 5.5", folded), layered with a 4" x 5.25" piece of Blackberry Bliss then topped with a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Whisper White.  I stamped the white cardstock with Sahara Sand using the Gorgeous Grunge dots stamp across the card plus two solid medium and two small flowers from Flower Patch set. 

Next, I stamped the greeting in Blackberry Bliss first then again with Hello Honey slightly offset to the first stamping.  Then I used a great shape from the Apothecary Accents Framelits to diecut the greeting and a second diecut in Blackberry Bliss.  I cut that apart horizontally then adhered it to the back of the greeting layer where just a thin border of the Blackberry was showing.



On Whisper White I stamped several flowers of both Hello Honey and Blackberry Bliss using stamps from the Petite Petals set.  I immediately took a Blender Pen and dragged some of the color out onto the petals to give them all-over color.  These were attached with Glue Dots and several with Dimensionals.  Lastly I added medium-size pearls from the Basic Pearls pack.  I was happy how this turned out; I just love these flower sets!

Here again is the CCMC312 Color Challenge this week:  


Pretty, hmm?  Now it's your turn to take the challenge!  The guidelines are on the Create with Connie and Mary website; while you're there, be sure and see what the other Design Team members did with this color scheme.. beautiful!!

Thanks for visiting!  Happy stamping!!

Margaret

8 comments:

joeytipping said...

I just love those flower sets, too, and as usual I love your card! Thank you, Margaret, for always giving the measurements and for your excellent instructions...so helpful. I love your work so much! Blessings right back to you!

Deb said...

Gorgeous! Love your cluster of flowers and all your stunning details!

Cathie said...

Really really really pretty. Haven't seen a card that has taken my breath away in awhile but this one did. Gorgeous! TFS

Lisa Martz said...

Beautiful! The flowers look REAL! I really think this is stunning!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love how you combined the 2 stamp sets and used the sahara sand "flower" as a background for the smaller flowers. Beautiful!

Connie Babbert said...

Gorgeous! Love the Sahara Sand flower in the background...and how the flowers just flow across the front! Great job with the color challenge!

Melissa Davies said...

What a beautiful card! I love how the Sahara sand looks like shadowing!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Beautiful card!! The flowers stamped in the background in Sahara Sand adds amazing dimension to the card!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...