Saturday, August 15, 2009

Another Happy Birthday Card!

Are you like me? It seems that birthday greeting cards are the kind I need the most! I can never have too many. This card is also one of my convention swaps for SSUS, an online group of talented stampers and of which I'm a grateful member : ).

Aren't those flowers great! They were die cut with Stampin' Up!'s new Flower Folds die (4 different sized flowers on the die!); I used the smaller two flowers so you can see that the other two larger flowers would be great for many other applications, even much larger than a card! Before I ran the Crushed Curry cardstock through the Big Shot to be die cut, I stamped it with White Craft Ink using the Polka Dot background stamp so the dots would add even more interest to the flowers.

My color scheme for the entire card uses some of the new 2009-10 In Colors; I am really liking these colors!! The card base is So Saffron card stock (a standard color) which is overlaid with Rich Razzleberry. Over this, two strips of the Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper and one center piece of Old Olive cardstock was adhered. The Old Olive was first stamped with a stamp from the Circle Circus set and VersaMark ink and the greeting from On Your Birthday in Rich Razzleberry ink before adhering. You might notice that I've used two standard SU colors with the In Colors and they work together in wonderful harmony!

For the flower center, I stamped another stamp from Circle Circus in Rich Razzleberry then punched it out with the 1" Circle Punch and layered it on Melon Mambo punched with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. (It is so helpful to have punches that layer so well!). These were layered on the flowers with Dimensionals. I could never have made this card so easily without my Big Shot and those handy punches! Love them!

Stamps: Circle Circus, Polka Dot background (on Dormant list), On Your Birthday sets
Inks: VersaMark, Rich Razzleberry, White Craft Ink
Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade DSP; So Saffron, Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Crushed Curry card stocks
Accessories: Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain ribbon,
Tools: Big Shot, Flower Folds Bigz XL die, 1" Circle Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch
All products (c)Stampin' Up! and can be purchased on my Stampin' Up! website here. Just click on "Shop Now" when you get there.

Hope you enjoy! Thanks for visiting and I hope you get time to have some fun stampin' this weekend!

Margaret

4 comments:

Pam said...

Nice job, Margaret! Love the colors!

rozie640 said...

That card is adorable, wish I were at convention to swap with you. Love the colors and layout, great job Margaret!

Jeannette Swain said...

Another card using this die. Oh boy, looks like I'll be adding it to my next order. This is very sweet. I LOVE the layout too. Excellent!

Basement Stamper said...

Very cool card, love those flowers.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...