Friday, August 28, 2009

Lattice Die and Daisy Card

It's Friday so it's Blogger's Challenge day! Todays challenge #114 is a sketch challenge from our challenge "mom" Lisa; it's nice and simple and very useful!

I've been wanting to use my Lattice die ever since I first saw and bought it. It was love at first sight, so why has it been sitting on my shelf? Too much else to do! Now, this is a great sketch to use it with! Can't wait! I began by die cutting Whisper White cardstock to make my lattice then die cut an Almost Amethyst flower with my Daisy Sizzlit using my Big Shot. Using the Boho Flower Punch, I punched a small flower of So Saffron and adhered it to the center of my daisy, adding a Pink Flower Brad in the center of that and laid it aside.

Since I was using this print from the Tea Party Designer Series Paper, I stayed with the color scheme of Almost Amethyst, Pretty in Pink, So Saffron and Whisper White. The card base is Almost Amethyst layered with Pretty in Pink and then the layer of the Tea Party DSP. The lattice was adhered on that and the flower attached with Dimensionals.

For the horizontal band of the design, I used a strip of Almost Amethyst and sponged the edges in the same ink. The sentiment was stamped in Basic Gray, one of the colors in the DSP, and punched with the Modern Label Punch. I attached a white Basic Small Grommet to each end of the label then adhered it to the band with Dimensionals. There wasn't room on the card for the three small circle designs so I omitted them.

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Basic Gray, Almost Amethyst
Paper: Tea Party Designer Series Paper; Almost Amethyst, Whisper White, Pretty in Pink card stocks
Accessories: Big Shot, Daisy Sizzlit, Lattice die, Modern Label Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, Sponge, Basic Small Grommets, Pink Flower Brad, Dimensionals

You can see a list of the Blogger's Challenge girls here to see what they have created for this challenge, or you can click on the Blogger's Challenge icon on my left sidebar.

Thanks for visiting today! Hope you have a good weekend and have some time to be creative and stamp! :)

Margaret

17 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love your card- how everything coordinates so nicely! I am not going to resist that latice die....I am going to end up buying it I fear....... TFS

Unknown said...

Love the flowers in the middle Margaret! So pretty!

MJ said...

Another beautiful card with that lattice die. Great job.

Tami Black said...

Very, Very pretty! Love the paper, the lattice and just everything about this card.

Claudia Perry said...

LOL, I really DO like YOUR card too. Boy this is totally spooky how the both of use came up with a use so close this week. Like you said, Great Minds...

Nikki Bond said...

Gorgeous! Love the flower in the center...too cute! {sMILES}

Kimberly Gajewski said...

Beautifully done Margaret! I love how you used the lattice piece! That paper is so pretty too! :D

Basement Stamper said...

Very pretty, I love the diecut on the card in white, it really stands out.

Kristen said...

Gorgeous card. Love the lattice work. Great challenge card!

Ida said...

Very pretty. The flower really adds to the design of your card.

Connie Fossenier said...

Love what you did with that die cut...isn't is georgous. I really like the color combo...Perfect.
connie

Lisa Bohler said...

Love how you combined the flowers with the lattice die! Such an adorable card!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

Oh wow! This looks amazing.

Rachel Hope said...

Pretty! Great colors and details

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Great interpretation of the sketch--love the lattice!

Barbara said...

This layout really works well with that lattice die cut.....great job on the Challenge. So sweet!

rozie640 said...

Very pretty, I haven't bought that die yet. Ah, the wish list grows!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...