Sunday, August 16, 2009

Wings of Friendship Swap card

One of many fun things about Stampin' Up! Convention is that attendees swap cards with others so that we can get new samples, perhaps of sets we don't own, and also get new ideas. My card today was one of my swaps for an organized group swap on Friday. I received some really pretty cards in return. Thanks ladies!!

I love this new Wings of Friendship Level 2 Hostess set in the new catalog. One of the perks of being a demonstrator is that we get to pre-order one Level 2 and one Level 3 Hostess set from the upcoming catalog the month before it comes out. This was my Level 2 choice, although I liked them all. :)

I decided to make this a bluebird so chose Ballet Blue for my card base which I stamped with a couple of flourishes in the same color. I used the Baby Wipe Technique to make my stamp pad by putting a baby wipe into a flat pie pan and inking it with Ballet Blue, Melon Mambo and Old Olive reinkers in approximately the place where I wanted those colors on my stamp. I was able to get quite a few stampings out of the baby wipe, and reinked it in order to get more. I was happy with the way it turned out. These images were then spritzed with the Spritzer Tool using the Old Olive Stampin' Write Marker. This was then layered onto Old Olive and placed on the card after a length of Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon was added first.

The sentiment is also from the same set; I stamped it in Ballet Blue, punched it out with the Large Oval Punch and layered that over a Scalloped Oval punched from Melon Mambo cardstock. I like the bright happy colors of this card, and it was good to use Ballet Blue, which I had sorely neglected for quite some time!

Stamps: Wings of Friendship
Ink: Ballet Blue pad; Old Olive Marker; Ballet Blue, Melon Mambo and Old Olive ink refills
Paper: Ballet Blue, Old Olive and Whisper White
Accessories: Scallop Oval Punch, Melon Mambo Grosgrain Ribbon, Spritzer Tool

This is a fairly simple card, but like any card where you make forty-five of them, it does take some time. It was totally worth it, however, because I received some lovely cards in return to share with my customers and stimulate my own ideas and creativity!

Thanks for visiting! Give me a shout-out (leave a comment) and let me know you came by! I appreciate it! Have a great weekend!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...