Thursday, March 31, 2011

Big Shot Baby Bib Card!


Last weekend I needed a card for a baby shower.  A soft lavender with yellow accents are the colors the mom has chosen for her new baby girl's nursery so those were the colors I used for her card.

I love these baby bib cards and they are so easy and fun to make!  Simply fold your cardstock in half and lay it on the Scallop Circle Die, with the folded edge inside the circle, leaving about eight or so of the scallops uncovered.  This insures your bib will have a fold giving a front and back to your card.  Run this through the Big Shot then for this bib, I used the Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder to emboss only the front of the card.

Using the Wide Oval Punch, punch out the neck of the card; this will leave about 1/2" on each side of the "neck opening" for the "hinge" that holds the front and back together.  I placed the tiny bows of 1/8" Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon over the loop of ribbon that goes from hinge to hinge for accent.  (That narrow ribbon is just perfect for these bibs!)

Decorate and embellish the card as you wish.  I  used one of my favorite images for baby cards here; it is from a retired set called Punches Three, and is punched out with the Wide Oval Punch.  I actually stamped two, one in Amethyst and one in Saffron, then cut the center part from the Amethyst and laid it over the Saffron layer.  Several tiny self-adhesive Pearls embellish this also but are not easy to see in this photo.  The weather was so cloudy that my photo is not what I would like but I had to take the picture before I gave it away and didn't have any choice!

Between the Big Shot, dies, embossing folders and punches, this card is easy to make!  I love my Big Shot and all the dies and folders that go with it!!  It adds another fabulous level and opportunity for creativity to stamping and papercrafting!  If you don't have one, you need one!  : )

Thanks for visiting today!  Hope you visit again soon!

Margaret

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...