Thursday, May 16, 2013

Stippled Blossom Lattice CCMC252

I've seen so many pretty cards made with this set!  I finally ordered it and used it for the first time on this card for the Thursday Challenge 252 over at Create with Connie and Mary!



This week's challenge is to use a color scheme of So Saffron, Sahara Sand and Soft Suede.  Hmm, I had to think awhile on that and here's what I came up with.

The card base is Sahara Sand overlaid with Soft Suede textured with the Big Shot and the Woodgrain embossing folderSahara Sand cardstock was diecut with the Big Shot and the Lattice Die then brushed lightly with the Sahara Sand ink pad. 



The blossoms were stamped with So Saffron ink onto the same color cardstock, the leaves in Sahara Sand ink on Sahara Sand cardstock and then hand cut out.    So Saffron 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon was woven through the lattice on the left side  then the flowers, leaves and Victoria Crochet Trim were added.



Using the new Petite Butterfly Punch, I punched one out of an extra flower I had stamped so it had the same ink coloring as the flowers.  "K is for kindness" from the A Round Array set was stamped in Soft Suede onto Sahara Sand then applied using a Dimensional.  A number of Pearls were place to add some bling and dimension to the card then the card was spritzed with the Vanilla Shimmer Spray to give it a beautiful sheen and glimmer!


Again, the color challenge this week from Create with Connie and Mary:

Now it's your turn!  Pull out these colors and make your masterpiece, upload it somewhere on the web then go to the CWCM post HERE and link your photo!!  We would love to see what you come up with!

Thanks for visiting today!  I always appreciate hearing from you and hope you have some time to stamp soon!

Margaret

9 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

Oh, WOW! This is stunning! I love the lattice, the woodgrain, the shimmer...it's really such a pretty card...I love all of it!

Deb said...

Oh my goodness this is beautiful! So many gorgeous details on this one! I just love it!

Laura said...

Such a pretty card! Love the colors and the layout and the materials you used! Your flowers are so pretty. Are they stamped with a two step stamp set? I'm just wondering how you did them?
hugs,
Laura

Add Ink and Stamp said...

I love all of the shimmer first of all. It is sooo pretty! And I also love the way you used the lattice die with the ribbon and butterfly and pearls. Beautiful card, Margaret.

Rachel Palmieri said...

Beautiful example of texture,dimension and shimmer- perfectly lovely in every way.

Connie Babbert said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS, Margaret! Too funny, I had pulled out that lattice die to use, then went in a different direction! I love your card! Awesome job with the color challenge this week!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Your flowers and leaves look and feel so real Margaret. Great job using this stamp set for the first time!

Melissa Davies said...

I have to type bacause I can't speak with my jaw hanging down! This is absolutely wonderful! WOWZERS!

Nicole Tugrul said...

Gorgeous card!! This design goes perfect with the color challenge this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...