Thursday, May 2, 2013

To Die For Color Challenge CCM250

Well, Big Shot dies, really ... I used two different dies on this card for today's Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge, as well as two Sizzlets!   The challenge colors are Pool Party,  Calypso Coral and Basic Gray, and here's my card:




This is a fun color challenge using two of my favorite colors:  Pool Party and Calypso Coral!  I'm so glad they are returning to the Stampin' Up! color line-up as standard colors instead of being retired!  The Basic Gray provides good contrast for these light and bright colors!


I used the Blossom Party Originals Die and polka dot Tea for Two Designer Series Paper for the flowers  and Boho Blossoms Punch for the small Pool Party centers.  The leaves are cut with the Little Leaves Sizzlet, which is a a must-have for me!  The doily was diecut with the Large Delicate Doilies Sizzlet; the polka-dot scallops were diecut with the Tasteful Trim BigzXL Die.  The little polka-dot butterfly was punched with the Bitty Butterfly Punch


The Comfort Cafe Designer Series Paper is the source for the striped Pool Party dsp and the greeting is from the retiring Pursuit of Happiness set; I've really used this set a lot and will miss it!   I love the flowers that are made with this Blossom Party Originals Die; I need to use this more!  Basic Pearls center both the flowers and butterfly.

Thanks for visiting today and I appreciate your comments.  Try this super color combination for a card yourself, post it somewhere online then add your card link to the challenge post at Create with Connie and Mary CCM250!

Have a stampin' good day!

Margaret

6 comments:

Lisa Martz said...

BEAUTIFUL! Love this! So soft and pretty! I have looked the the Blossom Party die several times and never bought it...you are going to make me cave with this card! Very pretty! Great working with you on the Create Team1

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Gorgeous card, Margaret! And wonderful use of the Big Shot - how did we ever stamp without it!?

Melissa Davies said...

This is AMAZING! I love all of the layering with the Sizzix products! I must pull mine out more often!!

Deb said...

I absolutely love this! Those flowers have so much dimension and are so cute cut from the polka dot paper!! I really love everything about this!

Barb said...

Beautiful card! First time on your blog! Looking forward to seeing more!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

What a fun card Margaret. I so love the way you used the DSP for the flower! Sorry I'm late commenting, catching up from vacation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...