Monday, May 27, 2013

You Rule!

Such a fun set from the Spring Catalog is YOU RULE!  I finally ordered it not long before I received the NEW Catalog and sadly this set is not included!  : (  I have seen so many creative and cute cards with it online so I know I will still enjoy it anyway!   It's quite versatile and works for either men or women!


In searching for colors for a masculine card, I discovered that Bravo Burgundy looks quite good with Summer Starfruit!  I don't recall seeing this combo previously, but I really like it (oh yeah, now that Bravo  Burgundy is retiring, lol!)  I used a little Basic Gray as well, and like the combination.



The background DSP is a print in Summer Starfruit print from Comfort Cafe DSP pack wrapped with the 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, also in Summer Starfruit.  The crown was stamped in the same color then diecut with one of the smaller Oval Framelits.  The Basic Gray was cut with the next larger Oval Framelit.



The greeting is one of four from the set; it was stamped in Basic Gray on a 1/2" Very Vanilla strip (a good way to use your scraps, too!), the ends fish-taled then adhered to the top layer and anchored with a Pewter Glimmer Brad (from the Basic Glimmer Brads, which is perfect with the Basic Gray!  

Did you notice that I placed a 1/4" smaller-that-the-card layer on the front, popping it up on Dimensionals?  This really gives a nice and more finished look to the card.  I've observed other cards like this; I like the look and have begun doing this often myself!
 
I left it pretty simple but jewels or brads or Dazzling Details could be added to the crown if one desired to bling it up! (definitely for a feminine card!)  It just depends on who you're sending it to as to how you want to accessorize it!  That's the beauty of stamping- we can personalize our cards!  This would be great for Father's Day, a masculine birthday or an event of occasion when someone was being honored or celebrated!


YOU RULE stamp set:   #129261 wood mount,  $17.95;   #129264 clear mount,  $13.95

Bravo Burgundy products are listed on page 155 of the current 2012-2013 Catalog and can be ordered through June 3, or as long as supplies last, whichever is first.

Order through my online store HERE

Thanks for visiting today!

Margaret                        

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...