Friday, March 14, 2008

Die Cut Blooms


One of Stampin' Up!'s new products for your creative ventures, Die-cut Blooms, is found in the current Occasions Mini Catalog. The package contains four 12" x 12" sheets of beautiful textured cardstock die-cut into numerous shapes and sizes of flowers and centers! Each sheet is a different color: Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red and Old Olive, and these can be quickly punched out, mixed and matched with each other or combined with the coordinating A Perfect Day Rub-Ons (also in the Occasions Mini)! These can easily be used to put together scrapbook pages, cards, tags or home decor items!

I saw these little 4" x 4" frames at a local store and felt they would work well for this project using the die-cut blooms. I took the glass out, applied a piece of Old Olive cardstock that had been stamped with the Canvas background to the backing then layered my die-cut flowers. In the center is a blue Rhinestone Ice circle brad for a finishing accent. I slightly curled some of the red and olive petals between my thumb and finger to give some dimension to the piece.

The frame came with a white ribbon hanger which I replaced with SU's Bashful Blue Taffeta Ribbon to complement the blooms (not seen in picture). Viola! Done!

The ladies at my workshop last night enjoyed seeing a simple easy way these die-cut blooms could be used. I hope you do too!

Happy Friday and have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...