Friday, November 14, 2008

Christmas Season of Friendship

Another Season of Friendship card (but obviously not the summer season, which is still to come)! This is one of the Make and Takes for a workshop I did this past week; the ladies all liked it! It was pretty fast and easy yet striking. The use of a some wonderful tools like the Big Shot, Top Note die and Curly Label Punch make it so!


The white frame is left after die-cutting the Top Note Bigz Die, but in this case, that is the part I intended to use so I still have all the large die cuts to use in another project. : ) I marked the edges on my die with tape so it was simple to repeat the process of accurately cutting enough white "frames" for my workshop guests. Next the tree trunk is stamped in Close to Cocoa on the Baja Breeze card. Brush over this with the Embossing Buddy to keep the embossing powder from sticking to the card then stamp the White Craft snowflakes around. Emboss with a mixture of White and Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. The Iridescent Ice give those lil' snowflakes some sparkles!

Now adhere the white frame centered on your cardstock. The bird is stamped, cut out and adhered with a trimmed-down Dimensional to the tree limb and a simple knot of the Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon held with a Mini Glue Dot embraces the tree. The greeting was stamped in red and punched out with the coordinating punch! I love these punches that coordinate with stamps...they save so much time and tedious-ness (is that a word?) cutting things out (which is not my greatest enjoyment, lol!) Way to go, Stampin' Up!

Stamps: Season of Friendship, Cute and Curly (label bundle)
Ink: Riding Hood Red, Close to Cocoa Classic Ink; White Craft Ink
Paper: Baja Breeze, Whisper White
Accessories: Paper Snips, Dimensionals, Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, Curly Label Punch (bundle), Embossing Buddy, White embossing powder, Iridescent Ice embossing powder, Heat Tool, Mini Glue Dots.

We have had our first major cold front sweep down the plains and arrive here today! Brr-rr, it's cold outside! Of course I know it is much colder in the states and Canada north of here but I'm still not ready for it. We have had such a plesant extended fall here that I'm really spoiled! lol! Stay warm, everyone!

Happy Saturday! Hope you have some fun stampin' this weekend!
Margaret

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful card, Margaret! I might have to buy the stamp set and punch box so I can CASE it. I also like your 'To You and Yours' card. Great job on both.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...