Friday, November 14, 2008

To You and Yours - Ski Slope

Instead of the Summer edition of Season of Friendship (which I haven't had time to make yet), today I'm posting a sample I made this week of To Your and Yours. I haven't forgotten and will post the summer version of SOF as soon as I can get it made!

This Ski Slope Designer Series Paper is just gorgeous! First off the designs are so pretty as are the color schemes in the papers of Baja Breeze, Real Red, Chocolate Chip and Old Olive! The paper I used for today's card uses Baja Breeze, red and white only; I think I'm hooked on that color scheme lately! lol!


For the focal image, I cut a 2 3/4" x 4" rectangle of Whisper White and punched the edges with the Scallop Edge punch which makes a pretty frame. I stamped the cabin scene from To You and Yours then added color to the windows and door.

The card itself is Baja Breeze layered with Real Red then the beautiful swirly snowflakes DSP from the Ski Slope package. I cut a width of the DSP stripe and threaded it horizontally through the scalloped frame of the cabin image and adhered it to the DSP. For the finishing touch, I added a red felt snowflake from the Little Felt Flurries assortment (#113697, p. 18, $13.95) found in the Holiday Mini DSP. You get a huge amount of these snowflakes in white, red and baja breeze and they add such a fun and dimensional touch to your projects!!

Stamps: To You and Yours, Snow Swirled Christmas (snowflake)
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Baja Breeze; Real Red and Barely Banana SU Markers
Paper: Ski Slope DSP; Baja Breeze, Real Red, Whisper White cardstock
Accessories: Scallop Edge Punch, Little Flurries felt snowflake. Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Two Way Glue Pen, Blender Pen

Happy Friday! Hope you enjoyed my card... I think some portions of the country are getting some snow today! Brr-rr!

Thanks for visiting today! Have fun stampin'!
Margaret

1 comment:

LeAnne said...

Margaret, this is soooooo cool! I love it! What a cute idea, I may just have to case it!
LeAnne

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...