Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Holiday Treasures Tag Booklet -- TSSC #44

Here's my project for Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #44! I wasn't able to get it done this weekend and when I did get started, it took me a little longer because I was learning how to use my Bind-It-All machine for the first time. What a cool tool!


The first time I saw the sketch I knew I wanted to make a little booklet with for this sketch. I have had this Sizzix Super Scallop Tag die for several years and knew it would be just the ticket for this project and now I could use my Big Shot die cutting machine! Yay!

The tag die is approximately 4 1/2" x 3 1/4". I cut two pieces from a stiff heavy large mailing envelope (recycled) to just a little larger than that, covered the outside with the Designer Paper and the inside of each with Kiwi Kiss cardstock and ran these through the Big Shot with the tag die. This makes a really firm cover! I then cut eight pages to go on the inside out of white cardstock. I used the reindeer design from the Deer Friends set for the front and embellished it with Chocolate Chip swirls cut with the Swirl Scribbles Sizzlet die in the Big Shot. The dots were added with the Signo White Gel Pen.

The holes in the tip of the cover were cut as part of the die so I finished them with the Jumbo Eyelets using the Crop-A-Dile. The entire booklet was then bound with the 1/2" wires in the Bind-It-All machine. A tie of Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon holds it closed.

Here is Mary Jo's original sketch for us:

Stamps: Deer Friends (Level I Hostess set)
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Riding Hood Red
Paper: Holiday Treasures DSP; Kiwi Kiss, Riding Hood Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White cardstock; miscellaneous heavy paperboard for base
Accessories: Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon, SU Glue Stick, Jumbo Antique Brass Eyelets, Dimensionals, Signo Gel Pen
Tools: Big Shot, Crop-A-Dile, Bind-It-All, Sizzlits Swirls Scribbles die, Sizzix Super Scallop Tag die, Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, 1/4", 1/2", 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches

I really enjoyed making this; I hope you enjoy it too!

Happy Tuesday! Have fun stampin'!
Margaret

4 comments:

Fountain of Memories said...

what a wonderful idea. I love the little reindeer stamp

MJ said...

Wow, great little book. I am so wanting that bind it all but am now waiting for the new version. I love the little reindeer. Great job.

LeAnne said...

Wonderful!
LeAnne

Kerry D-C said...

WooooooooooW! this is super cool! Great recycling project! I keep forgetting that I have that swirl die too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...