Monday, March 11, 2013

Madison Avenue - Two Versions

At the Dallas Regional, Shelli Gardner presented a very simple but attractive card made with the Madison Avenue set available during SALE-A-BRATION for FREE with a $50. order.  I really liked it because it could be used for a guy card, and aren't we always looking for good masculine designs?
This is basically Shelli's card using different colors.  It only uses two stamps, the design stamp from Madison Avenue, and a greeting stamp, this one is the "Happy Birthday" from From the Heart set.  After I had completed it, I thought about adding a little embellishment...
Brads?  No, I had already put it together with Dimensionals, so I took my Silver Stampin' Dazzle Marker (#128978, carryover from Holiday Catalog) and painted some Pearls; they looked like pewter when I finished so I added three of them to the mosaics.
I was pleased with the result.  (Card base is Sahara Sand, top layer is Crumb Cake.  Inks used are Island Indigo, Crumb Cake and Raspberry Ripple)  Then I thought about making a version in more feminine colors (this whole process was taking on a life of it's own, lol!)
"Celebrate" greeting is from the Feeling Sentimental SAB set. ..hmm, how could I embellish this one?  
The little four-petal flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (#118309, Annual Catalog p. 183) is the very shape of this stamp image!  I punched out the same cardstock as the inks used, centered them with the tiniest Pearls from the package and adhered one to the center of each stamped image.  Really punches up the look (lol, pun not intended)...what do you think?
And these pearls are so small that there will be no problem mailing this card to a friend!
 
The color scheme is from CCMC Challenge #242:  use Raspberry Ripple, Primrose Petals and Summer Starfruit for your project.

Remember, SALE-A-BRATION ends on March 22!   That's only eleven days!!  Be sure and make your list and contact your Stampin' Up! demonstrator to place your order.  If you don't have a demonstrator, I would be so pleased for you to order through my secure online Stampin' Up! website HERE.  Thank you very much!

Thanks for joining me on my stamping journey today!  : )

Margaret

3 comments:

Connie Babbert said...

Margaret...this is DARLING. Love all the versions, but the one with punched flowers in the centers is my favorite! (Didn't even know that it would fit!) Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Melissa Davies said...

I agree with Connie - I love all the options! Would make a great make & take, too! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

What a wonderfully clean looking card and I love each of your versions of it! Just DELIGHTFUL! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...