Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Swallowtail Butterfly

My what big wings you have, my dear!  lol!  Yes, this Swallowtail butterfly stamp is large, and just as beautiful as it is large!  This is my first card using this stamp new in the Spring  2013 Catalog.
The butterfly was stamped in Soft Suede (new foam pad) onto Sahara Sand cardstock then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder.  I then gently stamped the " waterspots" stamp from the French Foliage set with Sahara Sand ink on the background.
I used Stampin' Up! Watercolor Pencils, ink pads, Blender Pens and an AquaPainter (sparingly as I wasn't using watercolor paper) to color the butterfly.  I then spritzed the cardfront with Champagne Mist in alcohol and followed with the Color Spritzer and my Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker.
Lastly I stamped the Happy Day from Ciao, Baby! set in Soft Suede and clear embossed it, colored it with Stampin' Write Markers then punched it with the Petite Curly Label Punch (#129405, available free during Sale-a-Bration with a $50. order).  A loop of Pool Party Seam Binding Ribbon attached to the back of the punchout then to the cardfront with a Dimensional is the finishing touch!

I can see that I will really enjoy using this stamp and with any number of techniques also!

Thanks for visiting today, and remember Sale-A-Bration ends Friday, March 22.... but it's best to get your order in before the rush of the last day!

You may purchase these or any other Stampin' Up! products from my secure online Stampin' Up! store HERE using Mastercard, Discover or Visa, and they will be shipped directly to your door from Stampin' Up!   You may also order through me  OR order at a Stampin' Up! party! 

Sale-A-Bration is a great time to join Stampin' Up!  Because of Stampin' Up!'s 25th Anniversary this year, you will receive 25% more in self-selected products in your "Starter Kit" for the same low cost to join:  only $99. for $156. worth of products!  Wowsers!  If you live in the United States, I would love for you to sign up with me!  Just contact me here or sign up on my Stampin' Up! website here.  Just click "Join the Fun" and follow the steps! 


Margaret

3 comments:

Andrea Gideon said...

Charming card. Your coloring is lovly

Andrea Gideon said...

Your card is Charming. Lovely coloring with the pencils

barb said...

Margaret, this Swallowtail card is just stunning. I absolutely love the coloring and background water spots. Everything about it works for me.
beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...