Saturday, March 30, 2013

This and That Blossom Birthday!

Stampin' Up! has released a new line of products that will debut in the 2013-2014 STAMPIN' UP! Catalog, and we have the chance to get them NOW!!   From now until April 30 only, we can save 15% on the price by purchasing the bundle of products!!  Mine just arrived yesterday evening and I couldn't wait to make something;  I love the new This and That Epic Day Designer Paper so pulled it out to make a card for Connie and Mary's Sketch Challenge!
 
    
The flower and lower part of the card are two prints from the new This and That Epic Day Designer Paper, and there are TEN other great prints in there too!  The colors in these two prints are Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Pool Party, Basic Gray and Crumb Cake.  I used Crumb Cake cardstock for the 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card base and topped that with a layer of Pool Party.  The top portion of the Pool Party was embossed with the Polka Dot Embossing Folder and the Big Shot.



 A 2-1/4" x 4" strip of the designer paper covers the bottom of the Pool Party layer and is topped with a swath of the Natural Trim Ribbon (#129287).  The birthday greeting from the FROM MY HEART set was stamped with Basic Gray ink onto a strip of Daffodil Delight cardstock and tucked under the flower.



(Okay, I don't know what is going on that I can't get my photos in landscape mode recently, but thank you for bearing with me here!)  This closeup shows the designer paper flower which was punched with the fabulous Blossom Punch (#125603).  Notice the center?  It was stamped with the filagree stamp from the new A ROUND ARRAY stamp sets, which is also a Sneak Peek from the upcoming new Catalog!  (See more about it HERE)  The Large Rhinestone (#129324) in the flower center was lightly colored with a Sharpie marker for bling.  One more thing, a quick burst of hairspray and a light sprinkling of Dazzling Delights Glitter followed by another light spray to keep it in place gives more fun sparkle to this card!
2013 Thursday Challenges-008





Here is the sketch for Connie and Mary's Sketch Challenge #245:









I'll be back to tell you more about THIS AND THAT Bundle and ALL it's new fun contents, but in the meantime, here is the This and That Epic Day Designer Paper (#130814, $10.95) I used on my card:
And here is the wonderful Blossom Punch (#125603, $16.95) with which you can punch stamped images from the Mixed Bunch Set or punch an entire flower garden from card stock or Designer Series Paper, creating beautiful and unique flowers in no time!  Layer them for lovely effects and use punchouts, buttons, brads, Pearls or Rhinestones in the center too!

You may purchase these or any other Stampin' Up! products from my secure online Stampin' Up! store HERE using Mastercard, Discover or Visa, and they will be shipped directly to your door from Stampin' Up!   You may also order through me  OR order at your next Stampin' Up! party!  Please contact me through my Stampin' Up! website HERE if you have any questions about ordering and I would be happy to answer your questions.

Have a wonderful Easter holiday weekend with family and friends as Christians celebrate the resurrection of Jesus and new life through Him!

Margaret 

10 comments:

soggystamper said...

Beautiful card, Margaret! I love your tip on spraying with hair spray, adding Dazzling Diamonds, and spraying again. And I hadn't thought about using the This and That papers for cards. I think I will have to design one using the Washi Tape in place of a ribbon. I'm not that fond of using tape to slap photos, etc. into a scrapbook. I guess it goes against my hidden perfectionism.
Sue Erickson
www.soggystamper.com
www.mydigitalcraftcorner.com

Deb said...

What a fabulous card! I love how you used the new products and you have so many great details here! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Karren said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the new toys you've showcased. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Create with Connie & Mary.

Lisa Martz said...

Really pretty! I love the This & That paper! And what a clever way to use the new stamp set. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

Melissa Davies said...

I love your Dazzling Diamonds tip - GENIUS!!! Thanks for joining us in the Sketch Challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Elizabeth Price said...

Okay so I have come back twice just to study your STUNNING card. Each and every detail is perfect. Thanks for adding your amazing card to our sketch challenge this week at Create with Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

Mary Brown said...

How absolutely GORGEOUS!!! LOVE all the details on your card...just BEAUTIFUL!! I get my this and that kit today and can hardly wait! You made me want it even more! Thanks for playing along in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Connie Babbert said...

Wow, Margaret! Love all the details on here...the shimmer, the new DSP (just saw it last night in person...yummy!) and the gorgeous flower! Wonderful card. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is totally beautiful! Your flower looks amazing - especially with that DSP! Love the background stamping and all the texture you've added! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie & Mary this week!

Monika said...

Wow - how beautiful! I just got my This & That kit yesterday and I love the paper and I'm so excited to see it on your card! I really love it and with the natural fibers - the ribbon and linen thread - just what I like. I'm so glad you joined our challenge this week at Create with Connie & Mary!
Monika

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...