Saturday, August 11, 2012

Birthday Reason to Smile

Oops, I found that I didn't get this card posted during July when this Reason to Smile stamp set was available for purchase!  However, since so many people have it now, I thought I would post the card anyway, and the idea could easily be used with a different stamp.

The card is 4-3/8" square Whisper White cardstock diecut with the Big Shot and the Scallop Square Bigz Die.  Before cutting, I folded the white and placed the fold just below the top scallops of the die to keep from cutting it.  
Next is a layer of Tangerine Tango cardstock overlaid with a square of Daffodil Delight Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper, one of my very favorites from this catalog (of course, I like them ALL but this was the very first on my list of must-haves!!)  
I diecut the medium doily on the Delicate Doilies Sizzle from Tempting Turquoise cardstock.  Next is the stamped image  (Two Step Stamping:  background flower in Daffodil Delight then the lines stamp in Tangerine Tango.)  I used Whisper White Baker's Twine tied through a Daffodil Delight button from the Bold Brights Collection.  Lastly is the sentiment stamped with "happy birthday" from the Itty Bitty Banners set and diecut with the coordinating Bitty Banners Framelit.  Having all these wonderful Big Shot and die tools make projects so much faster and yet have so much detail, and so easy!!

Note:  Even though this is a square card, it WILL fit into the standard A2 envelope for mailing or giving

You can purchase these and/or any other Stampin' Up! products from my secure online Stampin' Up! store HERE using Mastercard, Discover or Visa, and they will be shipped directly to your door from Stampin' Up!

Have a lovely weekend, and I hope you have a chance to stamp!  (It's good therapy, you know!!)

Margaret
Polka Dot Parade Designer Series Paper      #106902      $10.95 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...