Monday, August 13, 2012

Blooming with Kindness Sympathy

There comes a time when we need a sympathy card;  I did and was inspired by one I saw on Pinterest made by Vickie Burdick.  However, as we stampers tend to do, I changed it up somewhat...  : )   I really like the neutral tones for this card and the beautiful flower from the Blooming with Kindness set.
I diecut the largest Framelit from the Apothecary Accents Framelits, then used the negative space to sponge Crumb Cake ink on the Very Vanilla cardstock.  I then stamped the blossom from the set with Early Espresso ink and used the Punch Pack Essentials to punch around the inside of the shaded area.

The bottom of this Vanilla layer was cut with the large scallop Edgelit then dry embossed with the Decorative Details Embossing Folder.  The sentiment is from the Loving Thoughts set.


This top vanilla layer was adhered to an Early Espresso cardstock layer and then a swath of Crumb Cake 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon was wrapped around and accented with a separate bow.   Three small Pearls in the upper right corner balance the design.  This was all then adhered to a Crumb Cake card.

I love these Edgelits and coordinating Embossing Folders... they can add so much so easily to a card!

Thanks for visiting today!  Hope you come back soon!

Margaret

2 comments:

Susan said...

very nice, indeed; I'm really enjoying your blog; tfs!

Gene Bernice said...

Thanks a lot for providing procedure for creating sympathy cards. preparing crafts is my favorite hobby.








 Sympathy Letter Templates 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...